Landgrove is a small village tucked away in the hills between Weston, Peru and Londonderry. It encompasses about 9-square miles of the prettiest real estate in Southern Vermont and with less than 260 parcels in town (and even fewer homes), there may only be a handful of properties on the market at any given time. Although there is no commercial center in the village, it is home to the beautiful Landgrove Inn and a handful of small, home-based businesses. According to the 2015 census, there are just 159 full-time residents.
Residents of Landgrove enjoy the same "amenities" as residents of Weston, Londonderry and Peru. School children attend the Flood Brook School for Kindergarten through eighth grades and have a choice for secondary education. A majority of high school students attend Burr and Burton Academy in Manchester, but Vermont's "school choice" option allows students to attend other secondary schools of their choice and some attend Green Mountain Union High School in Chester, the Long Trail School in Dorset or a number of other public and/or private schools throughout the area.
From the center of Landgrove, you'll be just minutes away from some of the area's best natural playgrounds:
- Hapgood Pond (Green Mountain National Forest campground, swimming area and hiking trails) - 2 minutes
- Bromley Mountain - seven minutes
- Weston village (shops, museums, theater, etc.) - five miles
- Vermon't Long Trail and the Appalachian Trailheads - several to choose from, between 5-10 minutes away
- Lowell Lake State Park (kayaking, canoeing, swimming, hiking) - 12+/- minutes
- Stratton Mountain - 20 minutes
- Okemo Mountain - 20 minutes
- Killington (SkyShip Entrance, Routes 100 and 4) - 45 minutes