Want to know more about the area? Please visit the following:
Mortgage and financial calculators can be a tremendous tool as you look to purchase property. There are several kinds of calculators available including calculators that will help you determine how much house you can afford, calculate your combined housing costs (mortgage, taxes and insurance), determine whether or not you should rent or buy a home, and to help you decide if and when to refinance your existing home.
Yahoo.com offers several free calculators. Just don't be tempted or persuaded to click on the ads -- your best service (and more often than not, your best rates!) will always be from a local mortgage lender or bank.
- Standard Mortgage Calculator
- Amortization Calculator
- How Much House Can You Afford
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- Rent or Buy?
The following site is a little more complicated but provides detailed payment options including PITI (principle, interest, property tax and insurance) payments - http://jeacle.ie/mortgage/
Local Mortgage Lenders*
(Alphabetical Order - click on name for hyperlink)
Financing/Mortgage Lenders (in alphabetical order):
- Local bank (i.e., a traditional mortgage lender) - loan will more than likely be sold on the secondary mortgage market
- Local mortgage broker; will sell you a traditional mortgage product with a larger lender on the secondary mortgage market.
- Local bank/lender, MAY elect to keep your mortgage in-house or MAY sell on secondary mortgage market.
Advisors Mortgage Group
West Dover, VT
Wendy Chenaille (3)
Bank of Bennington
Helen C. Wachtel (1,3)
Brattleboro Savings & Loan
Daniel Ventura (2)
Stan Nowakowski (2)
First Homeland Mortgage
Robin Mowrey (1)
Heritage Family Credit Union
Dick Kittredge (2,3)
Victoria Blodgett (2)
Rebecca Williams (2)
Vermont Mortgage Company
* This is by no means a definitive list and you are encouraged to seek other sources and resources.